Technology Head of Equities (Cash/Derivatives, China)Technology
Equities Technology (EQT) is responsible for the front-to-back technology estate of this business franchise and is broken into three product categories Cash, Derivatives and Prime.
The EQT department is circa 500 people split across six locations, London, Hong Kong, Paris, New York, Pune and China, with smaller supporting satellite teams where we have exchange memberships in Asia and Latin America.
The Equities business is one of the main Global Markets business pillars and has steadily increase league table rankings and market share, which technology plays a key partnership role in their growth strategy.
The incumbent will be a senior member of the Global Equity IT Management Team, based out in the bank's Global Technology & Operation Center in China, leading Software Engineering teams.
The primary focus of this role is on leadership and change. As the Equity Technology team in China grows and becomes an ever more important part of Global Equities Technology, it is essential that the operating model between hub based and remote teams matures and adapts. The person filling this role will lead that transformation directly with local staffs and indirectly with the hub based staffs by driving the change required to make the global operating model effective and successful.
Scope of Role:
As part of the Global Equity IT Management team, the person filling this role will set the location strategy for the department and lead its execution. He or she will be directly responsible for the technology services provided by the Equity IT team, specifically:
- Manage team size and composition - the right people in the right location doing the right job
- Build increased maturity and competency into China T&O and Hub based teams
- Deliver objectives around best practices/tools in software development
- Further integrate between local site used by Equities and the Hubs
- Manage the direct cost of the local site
- Managing the complexities of a global delivery model and integration within the global team
- Take direct responsibility for, and ownership of, some core applications and services on a global basis
- Refinforce and drive a culture of excellence across the team
- Proven record in leading and managing mid-large size software development teams in global banks.
- Experienced in driving software engineering excellence, implementing changes, continuously building out and improving delivery capabilities
- Excellent global stakeholder engagement and communication skills, able to influence C-level stakeholders and BU heads
- Strong working knowledge of Capital Markets and preferably Equities (Cash & Derivatives), and how technology is employed to enable and support the business, specific knowledge of some of the subjects below will be of particular value:
Management / Personal
Engineering of high quality systems
Building & managing global teams
Interested candidates, kindly share a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Thank you.
Registration No.: R1112015 / EA Licence No.: 11S4330
McGregor Boyall Associates Pte Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
EA Licence No: 11S4330