INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - Edinburgh - Perm - £DOEInfrastructure
McGregor Boyall are working with our Edinburgh based software company designing financial applications - looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing team.
The role is responsible for servers and storage area network hardware; Active Directory domains; VMWare ESX server estate; backup systems; email systems including Exchange; antivirus; internal applications including Finance and HR systems and office systems including printers and faxes.
There are 5 key areas of the position: Availability, Performance, Information Security, Business Continuity and Training of junior members of the team. You will be responsible for massively complex, hyper-interconnected financial platforms representing nearly £100BN. You will need experience of automation, scripting, batch, PowerShell, web platforms or cloud infrastructure.
- Degree qualified 1st Class honours or equivalent in Engineering or Information Systems
- MCSE 2003/2008 or equivalent industry experience and Exchange 2003 skills essential.
- Multi-tiered website experience desirable
- Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
- Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
- Independent and delivery-focused working style
- Superior problem solving capabilities
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients