Applications Support Consultant - FS - Edinburgh - PermSupport
My client, a globally recognised Financial Software provider has an excellent opportunity for a skilled Applications Support Consultant to join on a permanent basis.
***The ideal candidate will have a significant track record within a technical, client facing Service Desk environment supporting Oracle PL/SQL (or similar) plus at least one of either Java; C# / .Net; scripting.
Alongside this you will have a demonstrable willingness and ability to learn other new technologies where required.
Previous experience in the Financial Services industry would be a definite advantage.***
Due to an increasing client base and development effort there is an increasing volume of support required from both new and existing clients.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to progress your career with an innovative and fast growing financial services technology provider and to gain valuable experience in financial markets and business processes.
The service desk provides functional, technical and maintenance support to clients throughout Europe.
The role involves:
- Being familiar with all aspects of the software suite
- Communicating with clients to understand problems and provide solutions - via email and phone
- Working with development teams to understand source of issues
- Presenting solutions and providing code changes when required
- Ensure that full testing and QA process is maintained
- Managing the software release process
- Managing multiple tasks while providing a high quality of software changes to the customer base
- Maintaining high standards in a client facing role
- On-site support at client offices where required
- Delivery of code fixes / solutions to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Following processes and procedures put in place by both development and support teams
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong working knowledge of the above technologies and the willingness to expand your technical expertise through self-learning.
If you are currently looking for your next career move and the above is in line with your experience then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.