Head of Testing - Edinburgh - Perm - FSTesting
My client, a globally recognised, leading Financial Services organisation has an excellent opportunity for a skilled Head of Testing to join on a permanent basis.
Banking - Competitive salary and package - Edinburgh
***The ideal candidate for this role will have an in depth knowledge of testing principles and be highly experienced in test team management, ideally within an Investment Banking environment (front, middle and back office).***
This role sits within a Global Change Capability that support the delivery of the Business Priorities and our Clients' ambitions. The team works to turn Strategy into a Single Book of Change and deliver a range of programmes including platform and product build, client on-boarding, operational efficiency and regulatory.
This role is part of the Global Change Best Practice Team and reports to the Global Head of Change Best Practice
The Head of Testing is responsible for leading a team who manage and execute business testing on large and complex programmes and embedding agreed best practice for testing on less complex programmes where change managers are responsible for delivering their own project / programme testing to our agreed methodology.
- To develop relationships with the key stakeholders and senior management across IT, Product, Operations, major delivery projects and other relevant entities.
- To develop an in- depth understanding of the business and products to be able to comprehend touch points, their impact and what the organisation is aiming to achieve through the program of change.
- To develop an understanding of the change frameworks in operation across the business: Global Testing Framework, Software Development Lifecycle, Business Transformation Framework
Leads development of the newly consolidated Business Testing function across the change portfolio. There are two key components to the role
- Accountable for the team of dedicated Business Testers, - leading a ring-fenced team of testers who are dedicated to managing and executing testing on high complexity projects within the portfolio. This also includes test automation across strategic Fund Accounting platforms.
- Responsible for embedding the Business Testing framework and best practice across all change types - both for Business Testing team and also for programme/project managers who are accountable for their own test activity on less complex programmes/projects
- To recruit and manage a team of business testers, both onshore and offshore
- To develop and formalise techniques for business testing, including test automation, test environment management
- To train team members and others in the use of those techniques
- To work with other teams and functions to encourage take-up of techniques where appropriate
- To manage budget for team
- In depth knowledge of testing principles and industry standard frameworks.
- Highly experienced in test team management.
- Experience of developing and running a team of Business Testers
- Experience within Financial services especially within a TPA / Investment background.
- Experience in delivering change within an investment management environment, including experience in both large-scale programmes and projects as well as smaller-scale change requests. Must include practical understanding of software development lifecycles and methods, including requirements definition and testing in both waterfall and Agile environments.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or IT subjects or good secondary education coupled with relevant extensive experience.
- General awareness of business, regulatory and technology change within investment management is essential.
- Extensive experience in the Investment Management industry environment, spanning processes in front, middle and back office areas.
- Experience within a service provider supporting the delivery of Products (such as Middle Office, Accounting, Prime Broker or Custody services) to investment management clients.
- Demonstrates a solid grasp of the technology and systems supporting the above products.
- Exceptional analytical skills including modelling of business processes, dataflows and application system topologies
- Experience with management of test environments
If you are currently looking for your next career move and the above is in line with your experience then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.