Contract Software Engineer (Java, Embedded, Real-Time)Development
Contract Software Engineer (Core Java, Embedded Systems, Control Systems, Real-Time Systems, Linux)
McGregor Boyall are currently working with a Technology company who supply software solutions in to the Energy Sector to source a Contract Software Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based at their Glasgow office.
This is a dedicated software role delivering a set of specific activities focused around Product Development and Proof-of-Concept Builds. You will be expected to work in a fast moving environment, across multiple projects and as part of multi-disciplinary teams. You will contribute significantly to the delivery of specific Product Development projects by applying knowledge of Core Java, Design Patterns and Systems Integration.
You will be expected to manage a small number of POC projects from requirements phase through to realisation. Client facing skills, budgetary control and diligence are pre-requisites for this role.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Analyse business and engineering problems and translate to functional requirements.
- Perform high quality software design using industry standards.
- Develop code to budget and timescale according to the defined company standards and quality processes.
- Participate in testing, integration and commissioning tasks, when required, on premises and potentially on-site.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of the languages, tools and methodologies used by the company, and participate in the continuous improvement and evolution of the standards and best practices.
- Functional software designs for delivery upon existing Platform;
- Analysis and Design of Real-time Algorithmic components for the Power Grid
- Developer role for POC Java-based solutions currently in scope for the international markets SGS is operating in;
- Define and maintain best practices for component-based design and deployment;
- Continual assessment of development and testing techniques as applied to POC projects
Required Experience and Capabilities
Minimum five years of relevant professional experience.
Object-oriented software design methodologies and tools (UML).
Core Java Programming
Enterprise platform technologies (J2EE, ESB, etc.)
Embedded Systems (C / C++)
Control Systems - state-driven engineering methods
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.