Mainframe Security EngineerInfrastructure
Mcgregor Boyall are actively looking for an experienced Mainframe Security Engineer to join a prestigious Investment Bank on a contract basis.
This is initial 12-month contract and the following skill set is required:
- Engineering support of MS Mainframe Security products (RACF, CA-TSS, CA- Auditor, CA-Cleanup, CA-Compliance Manager, CIA, CA-CHORUS, ZSecure suite) and initiatives (Separation of Production and Development environments, Entitlements cleanups, etc.)
- Escalation point for MS Mainframe Security outages- Interaction with technology teams such as Systems Programming, DBA, CICS/MQ Support etc.
- Scheduling/coordination of upgrades/patches- Testing/System check outs of upgrades/patches- Develop technical solutions to business problems based upon security best practices
- Develop automation, tooling, reports, utilities, and batch programs
- Troubleshoot and track issue tickets with various vendors- Participate in an on-call rotation for level 3 escalations and monitor mail groups for questions and issues- Attend weekly mainframe turnover planning meetings
- Coordinate with Security Management team to review security proposals and assess technical feasibility
Skills required (essential):
- Advanced knowledge of IBM
-RACF or CA-TSS mainframe security software internals, configuration, etc.
- Experience with z/OS utilities and facilities (such as: ISPF, TSO, SDSF, JES)
- Experience with distributed technology (such as: UNIX, USS file systems, structure)- In-depth knowledge of Kerberos and SSL, SSH.
- Experience with database technology (such as: Sybase, DB2, SQL)
- Experience with middleware (such as: MQ Series, etc.)
- Systems Programming skills (such as: SMP, SYS1 datasets, assembler language programming)
- Ability to program in at least one command Mainframe batch and reporting language (such as: JCL, REXX, CLIST, ISPF, SAS)
- Knowledge of PKI and experience working with the implementation and support of digital certificates
- Understanding of security concepts and technologies
- Capable of working independently with limited oversight
- Good project planning, organization, and time management skills
- MS Office business application experience (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be a team player and foster a team first environment and culture
Please note this role is urgent in nature (notice period is fine). Please email your CV in Word Format for further information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.