Risk and Control SpecialistRisk
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) is part of the Global Technology organization. Its mission is to enable proactive, comprehensive, and consistent technology and information-related risk management practices across the Firm and to protect Firm information, systems, and associated infrastructure from Cyber Threats.
The Risk and Control Specialist will be part of the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (RCSA) team within the Global Risk Governance department that interfaces globally with Risk Officers, subject matter experts, business representatives, and the Operational Risk Department.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Deliver and operate the objectives of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment program
- Provide guidance and assistance to all Technology RCSA coordinators with tool usage, centrally submitting risks and controls and escalating any technical issues
- Conduct quality assurance reviews over the risks and control submissions in the RCSA tool and providing feedback to coordinators
- Generate meaningful reporting & metrics
- Build strong, positive relationships with the Technology community and the wider Global Risk Governance team
- Manage and minute any meetings required to agree any required actions and present status updates
- Demonstrable experience in Risk Management practices and/or technology risk and control assessments or programs
- Strong aptitude for IT and understanding of technology concepts and terminology
- Strong data analysis skills with expert knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulae etc.)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills - to the level of being able to interact directly with department senior management
- Ability to think strategically, see the "bigger picture" and have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills as reflected through a methodical/organised approach to ensure timelines are met and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proactive self-starter who can identify opportunities for improvement and operate autonomously
- Working knowledge of Technology applications and infrastructure (e.g. Server, network, platform desktop environment) and how they are used in large organisations
- Experience of working in an Investment Banking environment
- Project experience delivering tools/data management solutions
- Industry recognised certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CRISC, PRINCE2
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.