Java Risk Platform Developer - Investment BankingDevelopment
Java Risk Platform Developer - ASAP
Duration: 3 Months
As a Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in the UK and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of risk management systems
* Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions
* Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
* Functional programming experience a plus
* Responsible for the full development lifecycle for implementing the Bank's risk management system.
* Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
* Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
* Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
* An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
Qualification & Skills
* 8 years hands on development with investment banking IT experience
* Java (essential), SCALA/Haskell is an advantage
* Oracle development background, RAC is a plus.
* Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a strong plus.
* SCRUM and Agile.
* Financial Market domain knowledge
* Investment banking is a strong plus
* Structured/Derivatives business is a plus
* Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
* Outstanding problem solving skills
* Proactive, self starter, autonomous
* Good team spirit
* Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
* Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
* Strong Java and Oracle skills.
* Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems built on Oracle.
Java developer / eFX / FX / FIX / Investment Banking / Java / risk platform / Oracle /
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.