Rates Lead Java Developer VP - Global Investment BankDevelopment
Global Investment Bank with European headquarters in London. Provides electronic trading services in Rates, Credit, FX and Futures markets. The firm are in the process of significant multiyear investment to support growing revenues and increased market share. Experienced Java Developers required ideally with experience of the rates or Fixed Income execution business knowledge. Associate and VP opportunities available.
Working on execution platforms in the dealer-to-client and dealer-to-dealer spaces, providing solutions across Rates and Credit; cash and derivatives. Creating a fit for purpose and consolidated electronic trading platform in the Rates business function.
- Experience of Front Office E-Trading Fixed Income ideally rates execution platforms
- Advanced Java (e.g. multi-threading, GC optimisation)
- Low Latency performance based Java programming
- Object oriented design and development, design patterns
- Database and middleware experience (JMS, Tibco RV, DB2, SQL Server)
- Auxiliary development process skillset (SVN, Maven etc.)
- ION experience is useful
- Test automation technologies (e.g. Robot framework)
- Ability to lead less experienced developers
- experience of partnering with business users
- Rates and (cash and derivatives) business experience, comfortable with key business concepts
- Agile processes & practices. e.g. Scrum
- Computer Science Degree
This is a very exciting opportunity to be a key part of this growing technology team building an electronic offering. You will be developing high performance execution components with trader automation as a core concept, and will be working with a wider development team to ensure our solutions are cross-product and help consolidate existing functionality.