Database & Applications Developer (SQL Server)Digital
Database & Applications Developer (SQL Server), London, £40k to £45k
A Database and Applications Developer skilled in developing on the Microsoft platform is required by one of the country's longest standing Arts institutions, globally renowned and dedicated to the promotion of creative content.
This organisation, established for over two centuries, is undergoing an extensive digital change programme in order to allow them to engage more directly and effectively with the public. They are making major investments in their physical and technical infrastructure in order to transform the way they engage with current and future audiences.
The development team are currently on a program to bring their applications together under one integrated framework and need a developer with strong SQL Server development skills as well as SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS experience.
Do you enjoy working on a range of technologies across the development landscape? Do you have an appreciation of computer science and programming? Then read on…
The Role involves:
- Improving the functionality and performance of the business's core applications through
- Maintenance and Administration of databases:
- Including maintaining indices, backups, implementation of real time replication policies, triggers and timestamp properties
- Design and implement a unifying data layer across core applications
- Design and implement policies of data cleansing, data de-duping, single customer view and data integrity
- Develop and implement a BI/OLAP layer across core applications
- Some DevOps administration tasks from time to time, shared with other developers
- A good degree in Computer Science
- Strong development in SQL Server
- Experience of building an OLAP/BI reporting service
- SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
Do you consider yourself a strong coder that can turn their hand to most things, someone who understands logic, has a good strong programming background, and lives and breathes code? A collaborator and a team-worker? A problem-solver? Then this could be for you.
You will be working with a truly visionary Development Director with a background in Computer Science and AI and a history of building teams that deliver cutting edge systems using the latest technologies.
If you love coding, want to work with quality people and be proud of what you do, get in touch and let's talk.