Balance Sheet Reporting AccountantFinance
- Salary: GBP 350.00 per day - GBP 351 per day
- Location: London
- Job type: Contract
- Reference: BBBH137812
We are currently recruiting for a leading European bank, based in London. This is an interim six month contract.
The main purpose of the role is:
To be a key member of the team that will facilitate, monitor and control the accurate reporting of the London Branch & Subsidiaries Financial Balance Sheet to Head Office on a timely basis, according to Head Office instruction and relevant IFRS and German GAAP standards
* To ensure the data integrity of a dynamic balance sheet on both a segmental and account level for both Financial and Management Reporting
To assist with the timely & accurate submission of all month end returns to Head Office. The requirements will cover financial & management reporting and be carried out on both a summarised & a transaction level basis
* To ensure the data integrity of the London Branch and Subsidiaries Financial Balance Sheet on a segmental and account level
* To liaise with the Transaction Control team to ensure that for the entity all Internal & Control accounts are within the pre-definied threshold, all suspense balances are correctly processed at month end and all cash breaks are cleared in a timely fashion.
* To respond to queries on the London Balance Sheet from Head Office, Management and external audit
* To work to implement any changes to reporting requirements as may occur, driven from Head Office, IFRS or HGB developments (in particularly, IFRS 9)
* To assist the project team and the wider Finance function regarding testing of new system development
The successful candidate will be :
Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or Finalist, or qualified via technical experience and expertise gained within an Investment Banking environment
* Basic knowledge of Investment Banking products required
* Able to appreciate the fundamental challenges that are involved in the control & reporting of multi-entity, multi-instrument, multi-segmented transactions
* Able to appreciate the complexities of a systems architecture in which data is taken from both front office and back office systems in an attempt to maximise data quality and the efficiency and accuracy of core reporting
Able to deal with high priority conflicting deliverables within a challenging timescale
* Good communication skills, able to converse proactively with team leads / colleauges within other Finance teams.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.