Financial Analyst, Investment Management contract
- Salary: GBP 220 per day - GBP 240 per day
- Location: London
- Job type: Contract
- Reference: BBBH135323
- The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Private Market and Tax Controller in ensuring the Financial Reporting team deliver on their objectives.
- The scope of responsibilities is broad and the Financial Analyst will be expected to work with all members in the Financial Reporting team and Operations team.
- The nature of the work will be a blend of process-based work, analytical and reconciliations work, and report-based work. the company utilise various systems which the Financial Analyst will be expected to learn. A large amount of the work will also be spreadsheet based.
- There will be a requirement to prioritise multiple work demands, in a time-pressurised environment.
- The Financial Analyst will initially be expected to assist the Private Markets and Tax Controller. This will involve learning and then assisting the Private Markets and Tax Controller with private equity operations, internal controls, reconciliations and financial reporting.
- The Pension Fund invests in approximately 240 private equity funds with a current valuation of £2.0 billion. The Financial Analyst will be expected to monitor the Investments inbox for private equity drawdown and distribution notices, instruct the custodian accordingly and account for the transactions both in the myss accounting system and Private I as per the agreed PE accounting policies.
- The Financial Analyst will also assist the Private Markets and Tax Controller in the private equity valuation process.
- The Financial Analyst will be responsible for performing daily reconciliations between transactions booked in the custodian's accounting system and Private I
- The Financial Analyst will assist the Private Markets and Tax Controller with maintaining the tracker spreadsheets for valuations, capital statements, audited financial statements and US tax documentation
- The Financial Analyst will assist the Private Markets and Tax Controller with managing the US private equity tax compliance including assisting with the 3rd party tax advisors
- The Financial Analyst will work closely with various stakeholders including the front office private equity team, the private equity GPs themselves, and the fund's custodian.
- The Financial Analyst will also assist the Private Markets and Tax Controller in transactional and accounting aspects of the Fund's Property portfolio.
- The Financial Analyst will assist with all tax related matters for the fund, including the HMRC tax return, international withholding tax monitoring, regulatory and compliance filings, partial exemption calculations, and other similar tasks.
- The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the management of the internal control agenda (Sarbanes Oxley systems of control, operational control framework) and managing the audits conducted by external and internal auditors.
- Assist with adhoc projects as and when needed
- The role has no direct reports.
- University degree
- Experienced Excel user
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
Specific demonstrable experience/ skills/ behaviours/ qualifications (vocational, Degree/Masters/Doctorate, professional) expected for the role. List in priority order, max 10 bullet points
- The job will include dealing with technical issues and getting involved with the nitty-gritty detail
- Assist Private Markets and Tax Controller to ensure PE and Property operations run smoothly and efficiently and that the PE financial reporting is accurate
- Assist Private Markets and Tax Controller to ensure that PE tracking processes are robust and in place to ensure PE valuations, accumulated cost, unfunded commitments, drawdowns, distributions are accurately processed and recorded.
- Assist Private Markets and Tax Controller in ensuring that property tracking processes are robust and in place to ensure valuations, cost, purchases, sales and other cashflows are accurately processed and recorded
- Assist Private Markets and Tax Controller to ensure private equity (and possibly property) internal controls are operating effectively.
- Assist the other team members in the Financial Reporting to deliver on their objectives
Other Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organised and methodical
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently
- Advanced/experienced MS Excel user.
- Past experience of accounting or operational activities desirable
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.