- Salary: GBP 60000.00 per year - GBP 60000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137696
Key specific accountabilities include
- Support the resolution of key accounting items specific of the bank,including drafting of accounting memos, liaison with the Technical Accounting Group and External auditors. Key items of judgement include provisions, EIR, intangibles, and goodwill
- Support the implementation of technical accounting requirements (including new policies and accounting standards) to ensure they are consistently and correctly applied across all products and transactions for Corporate
- Ensure monthly control cycle timelines and deadlines are met
- Take leadership in identifying and implementing improvements to the UK financial control framework
- Coordinate with local entity controllers to help remediate any errors or concerns within the financial processed on a timely basis
- Managing external auditors with regards to quarterly deliverables
- Prepare the monthly MI pack on the legacy businesses as well as Group
- Performing deep dives to support business CFO's decision making process
- Quarterly review of statutory and FINREP notes for Group reporting
- Support UK FC develop processes to facilitate the production of the Annual Report as well as reports to facilitate BAC and Board meetings
- Lead reporting initiatives eg IFRS 9/IFRS 15 implementation
- Support business by providing finance support for the implementation of new products
- Support key business initiatives and significant transactions including acquisitions and disposals, ensuring the appropriate finance due diligence and associated accounting impacts are understood and implemented.
Stakeholder management and leadership:
- The candidate will have the presence and confidence to build credibility quickly within the Finance function across various business locations. They will have proven communication skills with different levels of seniority.
- The candidate will be working with stakeholders across Business, BPA, TAG, legal entity controllers as well as the external auditors.
Decision making and problem solving:
- Strong analytical skills are needed as part of monthly production of CFO balance sheet packs and quarterly notes review
- The candidate will be required to develop and improve existing processes to help deliver the external reporting requirements for the bank
- Essential: Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA
- Essential: Knowledge of IFRS
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.