Property Fund AccountantFinance
- Salary: GBP 40000.00 per year - GBP 45000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH135239
- Department Info
- Our client is one of Europe's largest institutional asset managers and a major global investor. And throughout the past 40 years they have built their business through understanding what matters most to our clients and transforming this insight into valuable, accessible investment products and solutions.
- Job Duties
- Maintenance and control of primary accounting records;
- Management Reporting; helping to prepare annual statutory accounts in line with FRS 101, FRS 102 or IFRS as appropriate;
- Preparing quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts;
- Client reporting; liaising with external lawyers, auditors, Business Partners and dealing with Investor requests;
- Production of PPFI, IPD and internal property fund returns,
- Preparation of VAT returns and liaising with internal compliance;
- Ensuring all reporting deadlines are met;
- Supervising cash management and liaising with Lenders re roll-overs and interest payments, monitoring and reporting on loan covenants,
- Ensuring adequate finance procedures are in place and implementing improved procedures where necessary;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards;
- Ensuring the figures provided to IPD reconcile with the figures provided for fund valuations; and
- Support to fund and asset managers with any other ad hoc issues, queries and requests from time to time
- The role requires liaison with asset management, members of the senior management team, managing agents and external advisors.
- Skills Required
- Academic Qualifications: Degree (2:1 minimum) or equivalent experience is essential;
- Professional: Part-qualified/ qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent experience is essential;
- Specialist knowledge / skills:
- FRS 101, 102 and IFRS knowledge;
- Excel intermediate;
- Strong property investment industry knowledge and experience is essential;
- Experience with accounting for VAT;
- Confident networking across the company.
- Strategic and focused approach to delivery and continuous improvement;
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment;
- Evidence of effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills; and
- Ability to work as part of team.
Competence / characteristics:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Dynamic, vibrant style
- Positive, enthusiastic approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to interpret financial data quickly and accurately
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.