Senior Financial Accountant for an Investment BankFinance
The successful candidate will need strong Financial Reporting skills as well as knowledge of IFRS and liquidity reporting. The candidate will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA OR CIMA) and ALM experience will considered an advantage.
To have day-to-day involvement in the preparation, maintenance and integrity of the Financial and Regulatory Reporting submitted to Head Office.
The incumbent will report direct to the Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting.
Preparation of financial and regulatory reporting to Paris covering;
- Financial Reporting to CIB Head Office Paris for London branch.
- Doubtful debt & provisioning reporting.
- Inter company reconciliations.
- Reporting of French GAAP and IFRS.
- SURFI liquidity reporting via ABLE. Ensuring data sent to ABLE from ESTD is accurate.
- Assist in the placing of funding for financial management transactions.
- Assist in preparation of ALM reports in times of sickness/holiday.
- Liaise with the bank's auditors and ensure a smooth quarterly audit.
- Assist with preparation of audit certificates in busy periods.
- Cover for Head of Financial and Regulatory Reporting in times of sickness/holiday.
- To build close relationships both within the banks CIB UK and with the Paris Reporting Team.
- Ensuring procedure manuals are kept up to date to cover all aspects of this job description.
- Keeping technically up to date on all IFRS developments.
- To keep the Head Of Financial & Regulatory Reporting appraised at all times of issues relating to reporting matters.
- Undertaking any other tasks that may reasonably be requested by the Head of Financial & Regulatory Reporting and which are commensurate with the position of Senior Financial & Regulatory Reporting officer.
Legal and Regulatory Responsibilities
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal Compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, the London Compliance manual and the Financial Crime Policy.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge to ensure to be fully qualified to undertake the role. Complete all mandatory training as required to attain and maintain competence.