Treasury Product Control
- Salary: GBP 75000.00 per year - GBP 75000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH135229
The EMEA Product Control department in International Finance is responsible for product control reporting within the EMEA region. The team provides local support for various business lines.
This role will cover the daily and monthly Product Control duties for the multi-currency treasury function of the bank.
- Produce daily P&L and currency exposure reports for subsystem based portfolios.
- Complete analysis of daily P&L and provide daily financial commentary.
- Provide analysis of daily P&L against financial budgets and annual business plans.
- Validation, review, explanation, and submission of daily Volcker P&L metrics.
- Ensure accuracy of multiple legal entities' booking and accounting to ensure integrity for reporting requirements.
- Maintain documentary control processes to provide assurance that all policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Participate in the month end closing process, including reconciliation of daily P&Ls back to the GL and posting of journal entries to ensure consistency with US GAAP.
- Ensure daily P&L and general ledger is consistent with corporate accounting policy.
- Produce monthly financial reports, including P&L and balance sheet.
- Conduct monthly balance sheet substantiation as well as regular price/valuation reviews consistent with corporate policy.
- Assist the Head of EMEA product Control and other team members on ad hoc tasks and projects as required
- Ad hoc cover and support for the daily P&L production for other lines of businesses.
- Liaison with desk, middle office, and back office to resolve trade and P&L exceptions.
- Developing and evaluating solutions to a wide range of highly complex financial and reporting problems.
- Anticipation of issues based on knowledge of business trends and proposing direction and solutions; serving as consultant to management and line of business.
- Supports senior management in development of financial budgets and annual business plans.
- Provides direction or guidance to less experienced staff
- Team player with strong advocacy and interpersonal skills
- Product Control experience.
- Understanding and experience of treasury function, including funding and hedging activities.
- Through and proven knowledge of money market, Foreign Exchange, and derivative products and the accounting of these products under US GAAP.
- An excellent understanding of the balance sheet and the relationship to the profit and loss accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ambitious with a strong appetite to understand the products traded so as to provide insight and analysis rather than being purely production focused.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft office, particularly Excel and Access
- Qualified accountant.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.