Head of HRHR
- Salary: GBP 70000.00 per year - GBP 90000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137465
My client is seeking a stand-alone Head of HR to support this fast paced and growing organization within the property sector. Reporting to the Directors of the UK business responsible for the small organisation of 40 people, the role encompasses the provision of support on all aspects of HR and the successful individual will need to operate at both a strategic and tactical level successfully driving a high-performance culture.
- Develop and implement the HR strategy in line with business strategy and business direction ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Define the framework and HR policies to effectively support the whole organization ensuring the HR handbook is up to date and core processes around payroll and year end compensation processes are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Work with business heads to identify training and development requirements for long term development, retention and succession planning.
- Enable the performance management process through guiding managers on setting objectives and measurable achievements to effectively complete the appraisal process and ensure it is aligned to an appropriate reward structure.
- Develop a reward and benefits program that is cost effective, competitive and enables the organisation to attract and retain their top talent.
- Ensure that the line managers have adequate skills to manage their teams effectively and deal with day to day people issues.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy, framework and process to effectively support line managers with their talent acquisition requirements.
- Ensure that HR administration processes are fit for purpose, maintained appropriately in line with best practices that adhere to legal requirement and are able to provide requirements in a timely manner.
- Act as an objective sounding board for all employees managing complaints, handling counselling and staff morale confidentially and effectively in a non-partisan manner.
The following experience will be required:
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent with an HR or Psychology degree highly relevant
- CIPD qualified
- Experience of leading an HR function within a small organisation with challenging and bright stakeholders
- Preferable previous experience in organisations with high IQ employees with exposure to best practice processes and frameworks has been achieved
- Strong broad HR generalist experience and both operational and strategic levels
- A pragmatic, calm and objective approach to people with highly articulate verbal and written communication is absolutely essential.