Network & Information Security AdministratorInformation Technology
Network & Security Administrator
The Network and Information Security (NIS) Administrator role is a senior technical position to administer, maintain and protect my clients European network perimeter, while ensuring that all aspects of their systems adhere to policy guidelines set out for information security.
This role also supports the NIS Team Lead with the delivery of business led network and security platform implementations, integration and management of various back-end physical technical infrastructure components for the enterprise i.e. WAN acceleration and connectivity, load balancing and firewalls.
Holding relevant technical certifications, you will also need to demonstrate significant enterprise-level support experience around solutions based upon Cisco Network and Security products, Checkpoint, Riverbed, Red Hat Linux, Ruckus Wireless, Infoblox, Encase from Guidance as well as General TCP/IP technologies including IPv6.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in the design and implementation of my clients secure high-speed network infrastructure including, but not limited to LAN, WAN and WLAN, ensuring stability and scalability.
- Undertake the installation, configuration and administration of my clients networking equipment (both hardware and software). This includes but is not limited to switches, routers, gateways, load balancers, WAN accelerators, internet proxies, wireless network infrastructure.
- Administer and manage my clients network security for corporate, public web services and online services. This includes security products and systems such as firewalls, multi-factor authentication, intrusion prevention and detection devices, network access control tools, encryption (hardware and software), SSL (accelerators, signed applications and certificates). Ensure hardening of all the network/ security devices in scope.
- Administration and updates to various Windows and Linux platforms running services that include, external DNS for LAN and WAN, network and service monitoring systems like Nagios and Cricket/MRTG
- Administration and updates to Various Infoblox appliances that manage my clients DNS and DHCP
- Manage and interpret alerts from network based IDS/IPS devices and react to these as appropriate
- Perform firmware/software upgrades and patches for the network hardware and systems based on vulnerability scans and other alerts
- Develop new and maintain existing documentation, network diagrams, asset inventory, road maps and plans relating to the network and information security team
- Monitor performance levels and stability of the network infrastructure specifically the wireless network. Advise and report accordingly
- Assess new products to ensure that they meet the required security guidelines while ensuring that all business needs are met
- Systems monitoring and troubleshooting experience using tools such as Nagios, Cricket/MRTG, Wireshark and other related network debugging tools.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6) and related protocols, acceleration technologies, from layer 3 to layer 7. Routing Protocols: OSPF, iBGP/eBGP, VRFs (for IPv4 and IPv6) and Security: firewalls, IDS, IPS, and VPNs. Infoblox: IPAM, DNS, DHCP, and NTP.
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernet (TenGig, Optics, PoE, etc).
- Experience with wireless network design, management and maintenance including authentication and encryption technologies/ protocols.
- Layer 2 Technologies: PVST ( ), MST.
- Security Engineering: design for security, authentication, encryption, One Time Tokens, penetration testing and anti-DDoS systems.
- Cisco Software: IOS 12.x and 15.x switching, routing, telephony (ISDN/E1, MGCP, SIP, SRST), Cisco NX-OS switching software including FCoE, Cisco Hardware, inc Nexus 5500/ FEXes, Routers, ACE.
- CheckPoint Firewalls: ClusterXL, CoreXL, VSX, Endpoint, etc.
- Riverbed Steelhead appliances and Steelhead mobile products
- AWS VPC: Architecture, features, VPNs, etc.
- Auditing And Forensics Tools such as Encase - Ediscovery, Encase Enterprise.
- Ability to work with various teams to resolve issues with "shared-ownership" of a service in a timely and professional manner
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.