We are looking for an experienced release engineer who will be responsible for all the releases of code to test and production environments for a complex data migration project. The primary responsibility of the job is to ensure that the correct versions of code are consistently released to different environments and the end to end code base works. You will be responsible for the code for the migration platform, but the role will require coordination with multiple stakeholders of a much larger project.
- Own the release process
- Automate as much of the release process as possible by building a release script
- Work with the development team to streamline the process of releasing code into test
- Work with the programme release / change manager to schedule releases of code to the correct environments to support particular test phases
- Schedule regular deployments with smoke-tests to ensure environments are built and working
- Design a streamlined bug-fix process for use during the live migration period
- Perform all releases into production environments
- Unix / Linux
- Shell scripts or other scripting language
- Oracle SQL / DDL, including objects, stored procedures, functions etc.
- Organised, methodical, great attention to detail and the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Flexible about working hours. This is a project that could require working unusual hours although this will be kept to a minimum.