Programme Manager - Wealth Management IT (permanent)Project Management & PMO
A permanent opportunity has arisen for an IT Programme Manager to join a global Wealth Management firm based in the City of London. We are looking for someone who has an extensive Wealth, Asset or Investment Management background and exposure to working across multiple business critical IT projects.
You will join a technology team and will be responsible for the end to end management of projects that are software implementation specific.
Key responsibilities of the Programme Manager will include:
- Manage the delivery of the project through the full project life-cycle, from initiation through to implementation.
- Ensure the project delivers in-line with the SDLC.
- Develop and maintain an end to end project plan that delivers the agreed scope of the project to time, budget and quality criteria.
- Take accountability for working with all company Directorates/areas to agree scope, time-lines and artefacts in order to ensure delivery of the project in line with overall agreed plan.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies through the full project life-cycle. Ensure mitigation plans are in place for all risks and issues, and take ownership for ensuring these mitigation plans are executed, or escalate to the Account Director or Head of Delivery as is appropriate.
- Provide timely, precise, accurate and comprehensive project MI and reporting to the PMO, Head of Delivery and Account Director as required
- Take ownership for the overall estimating process for the project, and working collaboratively with the Lead Business Analyst, the Build Manager, and the Test Manager, estimate the work effort required to deliver the project scope within the agreed timescales and budgets.
If you have the following skills/experience and are interested in this position please apply -
- IT Programme Management experience
- Asset, Wealth or Investment Management background
- Experience of working on Software Implementation programmes
- Strong education - honours degree, or preferably an MSc or MA
- Experience of working with MS Project
- PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification preferred