- Salary: GBP 31000 per year - GBP 31000.00 per year
- Location: North West
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH134981
Deploy & Release Engineer required for a market leading FTSE 250 business, based in Greater Manchester, who pride themselves on the training and development offered throughout the company. The organisation is going through a tremendous period of growth, who continue to introduce, promote and encourage innovation, new ideas, fresh approaches throughout each and every individual and team.
The Release Engineer's primary responsibility is to ensure the successful release of new software to customers. A key part of this will include the design, implementation and maintenance of the tools and processes needed in order to ensure the smooth delivery and deployment of releases.
The Release Engineer will be responsible for the deployment of multiple applications from various production, non-production and project development teams, working closely with developers, designers and architects. Other responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the integration, build and release of infrastructure for various projects
- Manage release content according to the Business's requirements
- Deliver multiple environments to Development Teams, Technical Consultants and User Acceptance Testers.
- Reorganise and redesign integration work-flow to automate daily tasks.
- Providing application support to testers and consultants.
- Play a key part in the quick resolution of incidents raised in production.
- Develop solutions to improve the operational efficiency and accuracy of software release processes.
- Continuous improvement of release management tools and documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing
The ideal candidate for the Deploy & Release Engineer will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a Deploy/Release engineering role would be ideal
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of code
- Experience of working with Microsoft technologies and IIS
- Experience in Vendor Technology, such as BMC Blade Logic, BMC Remedy Pega is desirable but not required.
- Good communication skills to liaise with different stakeholders involved in the release process.
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration.
- Exposure to Agile working methodologies
- Outstanding communications and problem solving skills
If you are interested in the role above, and keen to develop and progress your career to the next level, please apply or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01618302109
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.