- Salary: GBP 25000 per year - GBP 32000.00 per year
- Location: North West
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH135102
Release Engineer required for a market leading FTSE 100 based in Liverpool, who have been instrumental in the development of technology across the globe. The organisation, already established, are still looking to continue to grow, and introduce, promote and encourage innovation, new ideas, fresh approaches throughout each and every individual and team.
The Release Engineer works closely with Game Development, Quality Assurance, Database Development and IT Systems to promote and maintain continuous build and integration systems. The individual will be hands on with day-to-day support of the key services actively providing build, packaging and delivery services.
The Release Engineer will be responsible for the deployment of multiple applications from various production, non-production and project development teams, working closely with developers, designers and architects. Other responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the integration, build and release of infrastructure for various projects
- Manage release content according to the Business's requirements
- Translate release engineering process and procedures to host and maintain customised automated build, packaging and delivery systems.
- Reorganise and redesign integration work-flow to automate daily tasks.
- Providing application support to testers and consultants.
- Develop and maintain build scripts in Perl or other scripting language consistently
- Perform pre and post-production submission support.
- Continuous improvement of release management tools and documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing
The ideal candidate for the Deploy & Release Engineer will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a Deploy/Release engineering role would be ideal
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of code
- Experience with both Windows and Linux administration
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Perl, Python or Bash.
- Android and IOS mobile environments a plus.
- Good communication skills to liaise with different stakeholders involved in the release process.
- Solid understanding of software product life cycle, continuous integration & testing concepts, and configuration management.
- Exposure to Agile working methodologies
- Outstanding communications and problem solving skills
If you are interested in the role above, and keen to develop and progress your career to the next level, please apply or send your CV direct to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01618302109
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.