- Salary: GBP 40000.00 per year - GBP 40000.00 per year
- Location: North West
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH135176
Software Engineer required for a global client, to analyse and solve complex operational issues by supporting, maintaining and developing core in-house software and applications.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following;
- Own, manage and resolve issues in the business or with customers relating to the core set of applications and systems.
- Lead in fault finding and Problem resolution (in accordance with ITIL) with existing IT Systems
- Software coding and unit testing in line with technical design and functional specification.
- Will be able to undertake business requirements analysis and specification development for small project work where applicable
- Deliver software development in line with agreed time scales, ensuring any changes to approved timing are formally agreed with Manager/Project Leader
- Undertake the enhancement and maintenance of IT Systems
The ideal candidate will posses;
- Good understanding of System development methodologies, both Waterfall and Agile.
- Specialist iSeries knowledge with strong RPG/ILE background or experience
- Ability to develop colleagues through own specialist knowledge.
- Experience in an IT Systems Engineer working with RPL/ILE code
If you are interested in this role and keen to progress your career please contact Jake Adshead on 01618302109 or email@example.com, or apply and send your CV.
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.