Assistant Category Manager - Soft FMSupply Chain & Procurement
Job Title : Assitant Category Manager - Soft FM incl. Security
Department : Property Management
Location : Manchester with UK wide responsibilities
Purpose of the role
To lead and deliver a professional Procurement service throughout the business with a focus on the agreed service line, driving year on year improvements in service and cost savings/avoidance in nominated areas.
To identify and deliver potential cost improvements and to contribute to the year on year profit improvement across the business as a whole.
To promote the implementation of group wide policies, processes and procedures for strategic and operational procurement.
To assist in the development and dissemination of standard procurement documentation.
To develop and maintain the systems and solutions in line with the Procurement Policy.
To develop a knowledge of Procurement and the business through working with the Category Managers and external parties e.g. CIPS, IOSH
- Reports to : Category Manager - Soft FM
- Responsible For : Category Assistant
- Other Relationships:
- Day to day liaison with the Surveying, Facilities and Operational Support Staff nationwide as required;
- Day to day liaison with the Category Manager and Procurement Manager as required
- Day to day liaison with Contractors and technical consultants as required
- Support and deliver divisional sourcing strategies through analysing business requirements, market investigations, contract formalisation and implementation under guidance.
- Responsible for reviewing spend and vendor performance across service line areas ensuring that appropriate contracts are in place as outlined in the company Procurement Policy
- To obtain up-to-date management information by vendor to analyse spend, identify trends and potential savings opportunities.
- To manage the Procurement systems to ensure it is populated with existing contract information and continually updated with new contract information improving the availability and awareness of procurement information and guidance via the available solutions.
- To support or lead all aspects of the tender process including analysing data and supply markets, supplier research and sourcing, organising contract specifications, preparing tender documents, negotiations and awarding contracts.
- Ensure all services are specified to ensure consistent service delivery and performance levels across the managed service line including relevant statutory requirements, legislation, SLA's and KPI's
- Support and lead, where appropriate, the contractor performance review process monitoring relevant SLA's and KPI's and introduce initiatives to enhance partnerships with contractors wherever possible.
- Develop service line knowledge of all relevant legislation, industry standards and best practice.
- Promote the development of good relationships throughout the business.
- Ensure issues are appropriately addressed in conjunction with the Category Manager and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance where appropriate to the divisional Procurement Assistant.
- Deputise for the Category Manager and complete necessary tasks where appropriate.
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.