Software Developer in Test (SDET)Testing
McGregor Boyall's client based in Bracknell is currently recruiting for a Test Developer to join them on a permanent basis. The main challenge for this role will be to simulate internal sections of the application which are not currently supported by anything other than long running end-to-end tests. My client is looking for a Tester with development experience to help to build and extend this framework.
Main responsibilities for the role:
- Build new components for the automation test framework to support the application development team
- Lead execution of complex test cases/scripts and interpret results to report, communicate, and work through issues with the development team
- Work with the development team to encourage testable designs and promote quality assurance throughout the lifecycle.
- Review scripts and test cases for new features or improvements to existing features, satisfying all acceptance criteria.
- Automate end to end system regression tests
- Isolate, reproduce and report defects and verify defect fixes if required
- Coordinate with other parties to setup and maintain test VM environments
- Work in Agile environment, including the daily stand-up meeting, and updating the team's Kanban board.
- Help the team define the QA backlog in accordance with the company's objective and the Product development roadmap.
- Involved in full software development life cycle. Actively provide feedback on quality efforts to all parties involved.
Key skills and experience:
- Solid development skills: preferably in C# & .NET
- Experience of working with Windows services and SQL databases.
- Ability to test: able to translate the feature specs/requirements into clearly defined test cases
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving experience.
- Technical understanding of testing in a virtualised environment and networking configurations (e.g LAN, WAN, VPN).
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RF Protocols, and general networking in a Windows Server and Linux environments.
- Embedded systems testing experience a bonus.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please send me your CV via the link below.
McGregor Boyall is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.