To ensure business activities in the DIFC have appropriate arrangements in place to meet the regulatory standards of the DFSA and the bank's FCC policies, and to ensure that these arrangements are operating effectively and are in compliance with Group and Regional Standards. You will also be the designated MLRO.
- Analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the bank's business and its operations.
- Ensure that key changes (to DFSA laws, rules, regulations) are communicated.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies.
- Acting as the nominated MLRO for the purpose of receiving and making suspicious activity reports
- Ensuring that all internal suspicious activity reports received are investigated without delay and the necessary action taken
- Determining whether or not suspicions have substance and require disclosure to the relevant law enforcement agencies
- Conduct financial crime risk assessments to identify DIFC country level risks.
- Provide assurance to local management that AML/CFT/Sanctions/ABC Risks are managed by DIFC
- Monitor developments in external/internal financial crime risks including trends. Develop responses and advise the business on financial crime risks. Identify trends of significant fraud and money laundering through regional/country metrics.
- Provide investigation capabilities; assist the Regional FCC investigations team in conducting signification investigation relating to the DIFC.
- Ensure that all DFSA AML regulations are being adhered to and any regulations which are not as per the Group standards are also covered as part of the County Addendum for the DIFC.
- Implement and manage Speak Up in the DIFC with the assistance of the UAE Head of FCC. Speaking Up cases received directly in the DIFC must be updated in Enterprise Investigations Management.
- Developing and maintaining the Bank's anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing policy in line with evolving statutory and regulatory obligations
- Liaison with the Head of Compliance DIFC and Internal Audit to establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring processes that are proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of the Bank's DIFC operations.
- Providing compliance oversight for the Bank in accordance with the expectations of the regulatory requirements of the DFSA and other appropriate regulators and overseeing of the Bank's compliance obligations.
- Must have a minimum of 7 yrs compliance experience within a bank, preferably with three years being in a DIFC entity.
- Must have solid FCC understanding and experience.
- Must be, or recently been, the designated MLRO.