Our client would like to hire seasoned MLRO with experience from the UK with a well established bank. You will be responsibile for the policies and procedures for countering the risk that the branch might be used to further financial cimes:
- Fulfil the statutory obligations as MLRO, as required under UAE and UK legislation and regulations;
- Be the person with oversight responsibilities for Sanctions and Proliferation Financing Compliance in the Dubai and the London Branch;
- Otherwise exercise financial crime prevention oversight including Anti- Money Laundering (AML), countering the financing of Terrorism (CFT), Fraud Prevention (FP), Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) for all EMEA Asset Management boutiques;
- Be a member of the Compliance Committee and Senior Management Team of the London Branch
- Working closely with senior management and the business in instances of AML potential breaches or situations;
- Is the primary point of reference on all financial crime related communications with the regulator, business lines and the National Crime Agency;
- Communicate as appropriate financial crime prevention policy and procedural updates to the business and provide guidance and assistance on sanctions issues.
- Develop financial crime prevention related training and provide training support to business areas as required;
- Liaison with the regulators;
- Responsible for all AML policy and procedure within the firm;
- Responsible for all KYC and on-boarding processes within the firm;
- Ensuring a robust AML /Financial Crime framework is in place across the company;
- Responsible for oversight and coordination of sanctions compliance including screening for sanctions, PEPs and adverse media;
- Monitoring of all available resources including regulators and other relevant websites, attending meetings of the working groups, attending briefings, seminars and courses to conduct research and gather information to keep abreast of all regulatory changes.
- Assist as required in liaison with business lines with regard to ad-hoc queries and questions related to Financial Crime related matters;
- Provide AML advice and guidance as appropriate;
- Ensure that changes required to policies as a result of new AML laws, rules, regulations internal policies and guidance are implemented:
- provide support and advice on procedural implications and implementation issues and ensure that regulatory deadlines are met;
- Undertake or oversee Financial Crime Prevention Monitoring reviews for, Fraud Prevention and Sanctions Compliance as agreed with the Group Compliance.
- Exercise oversight of AML compliance testing in accordance with the Group Compliance templates including customer due diligence, sanctions, training, SARs as appropriate;
- Produce monthly reports including Management Information to the CEO outlining the adequacy of financial crime prevention systems and controls;
- Keep up to date with AML related developments and issues;
- Work with US financial crime prevention team where required on corporate policies & procedures and issues of common concern;
- Where control failures are identified track progress of recommendations and escalate non-performance to senior management as required;
- Contribute to the development and improvement of procedures, processes, service level agreements, training modules
- Comply with all Group and Branch policies and procedures within the department;
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness;
- Notify management immediately of any regulatory breach;
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Executing and monitoring UK's compliance of AML activities with standards, internal and Group policies and procedures and regulations
- Other authorities as directed by the Group Compliance in the Legal & Compliance Division in Dubai
- At least eight (8) years Financial Crime related experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of current UK Financial Crime deterrents and initiatives;
- Working knowledge of EMEA AML regulations and UK Guidance Notes.
- Diploma in AML or other Financial Crime Prevention
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.