Head of Medical Staffing
- Salary: GBP 225 per day - GBP 270 per day
- Location: UK & Europe
- Job type: Contract
- Reference: BBBH137707
My client is an NHS Trust based in North London seeking a Band 8b Head of Medical Staffing on an interim basis with a 3-month initial contract with likely extensions. The purpose of the role is to manage and lead the Medical Staffing service ensuring that the service is high quality, customer focussed, efficient, responsive and professional. This includes recruitment and retention, employee relations, organisational change, workforce and job planning, and partnership working for medical staff.
As a senior key member of the Workforce and Organisational Development Team the post holder will be responsible for the implementation of best practice, strategies and national initiatives in relation to medical staff across the Trust to support the Trust vision of being the leading provider of mental health and learning disbility services, and an employer of choice. Support the Medical Director, Director or Workforce and OD and Deputy Director of Workforce in providing strategic direction and leadership in progressing the Trust's Medical workforce agenda. To translate and interpret Trust policies and procedures to provide the appropriate expert credible guidance and advice to the medical leads. Ensure compliance with employment legislation and statutory regulation. Create and develop a culture of continuous learning and service delivery
Educated to degree level (Essential)
Professional CIPD qualification or equivalent (Essential)
Master's degree or MCIPD qualified or equivalent experience (Essential)
Working towards FCIPD level (Desirable)
Member of NAMPS (Desirable)
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience as a HR professional working at a senior level in a large complex organisation.
- Significant Medical Staffing experience, demonstrating competence across employee relations, including MHPS, change management, performance management, equality and diversity, and training.
- Experience of leading and managing a team.
- Experience of working with external bodies such as BMA, GMC, Deaneries, Royal Colleges.
- Specialist knowledge of medical and dental terms and conditions, medical rotas, the consultant contract, speciality doctor contract, EWTD, and new deal requirements relating to medical staff.
- Successful track record of delivering practical and cost effective solutions to operational HR issues
- Evidence of providing strategic HR professional advice and support to senior managers and directors.
- Ability to apply lean methodology to HR systems and processes.
- Significant up to date knowledge of employment law and its application to medical staff.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively working with Trade Unions
- Knowledge and understanding of key NHS issues including national and local policy drivers
- Experience of HR practice in the public sector (Desirable)
- Experience of contributing to regional network meetings (Desirable)
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.