Media Relations Manager- Financial ServicesMarketing
Media Relations Manager- Financial Services
£40,000-£55,000 (dependant on experience) bonus, bens
Our client, a global Financial Services organisation, is looking for an experienced Media Relations Manager to support the execution of an effective and proactive media strategy within the UK. Playing an active role in the development of the reputation of the brand, contributing to increasing the volume and quality of the organisations media coverage in the UK.
* Handle incoming media enquiries, issues and crisis management, and to ensure escalation is managed in an appropriate and timely manner for the country/region.
* Conceive, plan and execute pro-active media relations activities to help to support the business strategy of the organisation.
* Support a consistent approach to external communications in the UK.
* Confidently handle potential issues where the organisation may be portrayed unfavourably in the media, including appropriate escalation where required.
* Advise internal stakeholders on media relations tactics, messaging and positioning to support the company's reputation.
* Handle media enquiries both directly and through key journalist contact programmes.
* Work closely with Employee Communications and News in the country/region to ensure consistency between stories told internally and externally.
* Current/recent experience in a media relations/PR role within a financial services organisation or large corporate.
* Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
* Excellent stakeholder management skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of the financial services industry would be beneficial but not essential.
Please send your CV to Becki Reed in the first instance via the link provided.