Python Software Developer - Systematic Hedge fund
City of London - WIJ 9HP
Our client, a systematic quantitative hedge fund, is seeking a skilled Python Developer to build and enhance key components of their in-house platforms.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in building large-scale applications and have a good understanding of data structures, design patterns, and algorithms.
Experience working within a hedge fund or front office team supporting traders is a distinct advantage.
- Design, implement, and maintain robust and efficient systems, ensuring the systems are reliable, scalable, and capable of handling high volumes of data and transactions.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including traders, quantitative analysts, risk managers, and IT professionals, to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bringing new ideas and experimenting with new technologies
- Expert Python programming ability using modern Python libraries
- Well-versed in object-oriented programming concepts, with expertise in more than one OO programming language advantageous
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced trading environment.
- Strong academic background with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Good communication skills
- Strong SQL Server
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.