Data Analyst - Financial Services - Edinburgh - PermBusiness Analysis
My client, a leading and globally recognised Bank, is currently seeking a Data Analyst to join on a permanent basis, based within their Edinburgh office.
This is an exciting role that sits within the Global Risk & Analytics function of the business. The team is responsible for the configuration, oversight, governance and control of all processes related to Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems. Key elements of the role will include operation, configuration and update of the Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems plus requirements for Source system changes.
Key responsibilities and stakeholders are:
- Analysis of initial system configuration and deployment.
- On-going refinement by analysis of system configurations and outputs.
- Setting thresholds and segmentation based on reports and regulatory requirements
- Ability to create reports and supporting evidence from database queries
- Ability to interpret and manipulate large data set to extract trends and identify issues.
- Support the implementation of new AML & regulations into the Bespoke Transaction Monitoring systems and procedures.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with AML systems and processes.
- Understanding of bank payment processes and products.
Some of the business areas you will be liaising with as part of your role are Group Compliance, Change Delivery, Business Risk and Global Compliance Teams.
Ideal candidates for this role will have the following experience:
- Good understanding of the business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Experience of Anti Money Laundering, Financial Crime, Payments, Compliance, Analytics, Risk
- Knowledge of SAS, Qlickview, SpotFire or similar
- Able to produce and interrogate complex analytical data
- Understanding business requirements and ability to convert these into positive systems changes
- Experience in data analysis within databases (preferably Hadoop/Teradata) using SQL/HQL to analyse large datasets
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV.