Mcgregor Boyall are exclusively working with an innovative software company in Edinburgh who are looking for a SQL Analyst to join their existing implementation team.
This employee owned company offers profit-share scheme and flexible working to all its employees as one of its many benefits. You will have a training plan developed for you, including both internal and external training and mentoring by other staff members.
Reporting to the Technical Business Analysis Manager, you will be involved in:
- Implementing customer requirements via configuration changes (using tools like SQL or CSS)
- Creating documentation (specifications, help files and release notes) for customers
- Working with customers and the rest of the implementation team to define customer requirements
- Creating report templates using Microsoft SSRS
- Providing product support to customers
- Working with our testers to ensure that new features are of high quality and meet specifications
Skills / Experience
Two or more years of working in a similar role within a commercial environment.
Essential Skills and experience
You will need:
- experience of working with databases and SQL, including an understanding of database structures, joins, views and writing stored procedures;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- commercial experience of configuration of complex bespoke applications (preferably workflow related);
- commercial experience of installing customised web applications using a database (preferably Microsoft SQL Server) and web front end;
- to be a confident communicator with experience of working with corporate clients;
- an aptitude for problem-solving, which you can apply to practical problems;
- experience of working to tight deadlines, delivering solutions to clients and maintaining project scope;
- experience of providing support to commercial users
- experience of report writing using an enterprise level report writing tool (g. SSRS, Crystal Reports);
- an understanding of software specifications and use case style language, experience of using Specflow would be ideal but not essential.
- experience of the creation of import scripts/routines
- experience of training users;
- experience of delivering product demonstrations and providing presales support
- PRINCE2 training or qualifications;
- an understanding of Agile methodologies.
- experience of installing applications on Microsoft servers like MS IIS, Exchange, networks and Active Directory
- experience of maintaining SQL database servers such as backup plans and performance tuning
Graduate from an HND, undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science or degree with technical content, or equivalent or significant experience in a similar role.
This role is urgent in nature (1 Month notice period is fine). Please forward your most recent CV in Word Format for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.