Associate - Compensation AccountingFinance
- Salary: GBP 300 per day - GBP 315 per day
- Location: Edinburgh
- Job type: Contract
- Reference: SM2811ACA
McGregor Boyall are working with a leading Investment and Asset Management company to source a Compensation Accounting Associate to join their team in Edinburgh for an initial 6 month contract.
- Responsibility for posting of EMEA & Latin America payroll related journals.
- Responsibility for preparing payroll clearing account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Researching reconciliation break items on key balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reporting through metrics progress / status of key balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Run regular trend reports at month end to ensure salary expense is recorded in the g/l accurately and follow up significant variances with payroll.
- Record quarterly secondment recharges as defined by the recharge agreements.
- Liaise and answer queries from auditors and internal customers as required.
- Assist where required with project related deliverables surrounding implementation of new payroll systems.
- Other ad hoc duties and monthly tasks as assigned.
- At least a minimum of 5 years' experience in an accounting related role.
- Ability to manage external vendors to achieve tight monthly deadlines.
- Prior experience liaising with other groups and teams including external auditors.
- Prior experience within financial services or a large listed company preferable.
- Strong excel and data manipulation skills (including the use of pivots and formulas).
- Prior use of general ledger systems such as Oracle or HFM desirable
- ACCA/CIMA qualified or part-qualified working towards qualification.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.