Infrastructure Engineer - Perm - Edinburgh - Financial ServicesInfrastructure
My Client, a globally recognised Financial Services has an excellent opportunity for a skilled Infrastructure Support Engineer to join on a permanent basis.
*** Exchange 2003 skills are essential and the ideal candidate will be MCSE 2003/2008 qualified, or have equivalent industry experience. Alongside this, a proven track record in a similar role is required - ideally within financial services industry, although other professional services sector experience would be considered. Preference for education to degree level or above.***
This role is technical in nature and focuses on delivering a robust, reliable and risk-managed service for internal and external users in a cost effective manner.
The role is responsible for servers and storage area network hardware; Vmware ESX server estate; Active Directory domains; email systems including Exchange; backup systems; antivirus; internal applications including Finance and HR systems; office systems including printers and faxes.
- Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
- Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
- Ensure that the network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
- Ensure that data is secure and backed up by: ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; leading the BCP team; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills via the various means available to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Preferably Degree qualified or equivalent in Engineering or Information Systems
- MCSE 2003/2008 or equivalent industry experience and Exchange 2003 skills essential.
- Multi-tiered website experience desirable
- Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
- Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
- Independent and delivery-focused working style
- Superior problem solving capabilities
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
If you are currently looking for your next career move and the above is in line with your experience, then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.