Technical Project Manager - Edinburgh - PermProject Management & PMO
My client, a globally recognised IT consultancy has an excellent opportunity for a skilled Technical Project Manager Business analyst to join on a permanent basis.
***The ideal candidate for this role will have a significant track record of end to end delivery of Technical Projects/Programmes. These would ideally be ideally 'front end' Development or Software projects but other areas of technology will be considered.***
You will be responsible for defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases. This position involves close interaction with development leads, product architects, and key customers.
A strong technical background is required. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing market requirements documents or Agile product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
- Reporting to the Director of Products & liaising with the Head of Technology, you will provide daily updates on project progress, risks and issues whilst escalating where appropriate
- Day to day team management including:
- Resource forecasting and management
- Recruitment including interview and candidate selection
- Daily stand ups, weekly Team meetings
- 1st point of escalation of the Team
- Liaise with the Head of Technology and the client/business owner to ensure that the project has the correct skills allocated in a timely manner.
- End to end Technical Project Management including:
- Bid requirements capture, scoping, estimation and planning
- Day to day management of multiple projects across a diverse range of technologies
- Production of Requirements Catalogues and Functional Specifications
- Project Planning including Waterfall, Agile and Lean methodologies
- Day to day task management of Technical Developers
- Build and Test Management
- Defect Management
- Release Management
- Daily Scrum meetings
- Liaising with customers for requirements gathering and providing project updates
- Identifying and researching solutions for client requirements, and communicating clearly with the team and customers regarding the proposed solution
- Facilitate/participate in key Agile rituals across Scrum teams
- Engage in testing products where there is a requirement to do so
If you are currently looking for your next career move and the above is in line with your experience then please send your CV and contact me on 01313060159 asap.