Working within the Strategic Change Oversight team, this role provides challenge and oversight on all aspects of risk management, supporting the management of material end-to-end risks that impact delivery of the business strategy, our customers and the reputation of the Bank.
You will be accountable for ensuring Strategic Change programmes adopt the Operational Risk framework and other risk techniques such as project risk methodology as appropriate, to consistently and effectively identify, assess, manage, monitor and report material risks, including project risks and any other risks associated with the programme, such as Business Risk and Structural / Execution risks.
Your work will entail:
- Regular review of the adoption and execution of risk and project frameworks, highlighting areas of ineffectiveness, providing challenge and supporting management to resolve any issues.
- Production, monitoring and provision of risk insights to key stakeholders, including all relevant executive / senior management, to support informed decision-making on design / execution and prioritisation of risk mitigation efforts and resources.
- Providing a regular second line opinion to the relevant executive / senior management covering the risk profile of the programme workstream, highlighting the status of key inherent and emerging risks as a result of the changes.
- Assisting the programme to set the risk appetite, in conjunction with senior management, monitoring the risk and providing challenge around the adequacy of risk mitigation strategies.
- Challenging the output of risk assessments to evaluate risks and mitigation strategies relating to design and execution of individual and cumulative changes relating to strategy, people, products, initiatives, processes and systems.
- Facilitating the sharing of intelligence on the programme risk profile with peers in the customer facing risk teams and services risk subject matter experts to help inform and revise as necessary Risk Assessment and Scenario plans.
- Performing deep dive reviews in respect of critical changes, strategic aspirations and in response to material internal/external events impacting the programme's risk profile.
- Promoting a strong risk management culture across in-scope programmes, ensuring responsibilities and accountabilities for managing risk are clearly defined and understood.
We would like you to have:
- Experience within the Financial Services Sector, preferably relating to strategic change or programme management, in a UK or global financial services organisation or consultancy.
- Existing knowledge of risk frameworks, methodologies, principles and processes.
- A broad understanding of the risks relevant to a material bank-wide change programme.
- Knowledge of best practice management of other types of risk, including Business, Strategic, Reputational and Structural / Execution risks.
- Proven ability to work as part of a small, high performing team of multi-skilled professionals.
- A strong track record of delivery across multiple businesses, involving complex stakeholder, process and technology issues.
- Highly proficient at report writing, with the ability to clearly articulate risks, issues and impacts.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical skills and critical thinking.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.