Technical SpecialistInformation Technology
Mcgregor Boyall are actively looking for experienced Technical Specialist's to join their prestigious client in Glasgow on a permanent basis.
As a Technical Specialist, you will:
- Support live service through proactive identification of risk, swift resolution of live issues and proposing appropriate fixes/improvements for the future.
- Build, configure, test and lockdown IHS and WAS environments.
- Apply test and live deployments including shakedown and problem resolution
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to provide excellent customer service
- Improve processes through process automation, innovation and continuous improvement.
Practical experience of any or all of the following supported technologies:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server/Websphere eXtreme Scale/HTTP Server/WebSphere Portal
- IBM DataPower
- Practical experience of microservices, APIs, Flume, JIRA, Bitbucket, Ansible, Jenkins & Confluence
- Practical experience of Java Applications (both packaged and internally developed)
- Practical experience of UNIX (preferably RHEL, AIX and Solaris) and UNIX shell scripting
- An understanding of Internet-based Information Technology
- Knowledge of Information Security concepts such as encryption using keys, SSL or HTTPS
- Exposure to J2EE Development framework
This role is urgent in nature (1 Month notice period is fine). Please forward your most recent CV in Word Format for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.