McGregor Boyall are working with a fast-growing technology company that delivers products into the Utilities sector, to source an Infrastructure Engineer for an initial 3 month contract for their Glasgow office to support continued growth of the business.
You will provide day to day management and monitoring or IT Infrastructure and system administration whilst providing operational support across different offices, datacentres, technical teams, projects and a wide range of technologies.
You will demonstrate in depth technical expertise and proven experience across virtualisation, storage, server and network technologies whilst having excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills. You will have experience of working for Technology Services organisation supporting and designing IT Infrastructure across multiple locations.
- Windows Infrastructure Services (DNS, DHCP, DFS, Active Directory, Group policy, WSUS, file servers)
- Administration experience of VMware Virtualisation technologies - VCenter, VSphere
- Knowledge of Linux administration and configuration
- Hardware - Dell and HP
- Unified communications - Avaya IP office
- Configuring and administering switches, routers, firewalls and WAN Accelerator devices: WatchGuard, Avaya, Cisco, HP and Riverbed
- Experience of firewalls technologies - Palo Alto, WatchGuard
- Knowledge of Exchange 2010 administration and configuration
- Infrastructure Monitoring tools
- Experience of Backup and DR tools - Veeam, Snap mirror
- Knowledge of SAN and storage devices: NetApp
- SQL Server administration
- IT vendor/Supplier management
- MCSE/MCSA certification.
- Experience of working in a ISO270001 environment
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.