OS Platform Engineers (Linux or Windows)Development
- Salary: GBP 400 per year - GBP 500 per year
- Location: Glasgow / London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: MB303938OS
Major global firm with a highly complex IT infrastructure requires platform engineering talent to grow the function. You will have a strong background in Windows or Linux platform infrastructure development, including automation, scripting, build and infrastructure design. Please note these aren't productions support roles.
These roles sit within the Global IT Security Engineering Team, providing high-end security consultancy and engineering support for Data/Windows/Linux security agents. The role will focus on designing and engineering Windows, Linux and Storage security agents and tooling in a global enterprise. The role is suited to an experienced Windows, Linux or Security Engineer with an understanding in enterprise security.
Duties will include:
- Analysis and development of Windows endpoint security agents / solutions.
- Consultancy service provision to other IT Security teams
- Architecture assurance on Windows or Linux security initiatives
- The provision of a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks
To succeed in this team you'll require:-
- Deep knowledge of either Windows or Linux OS platforms - including kernel debugging (including automation and builds - this is an engineering team, not production support)
- Knowledge of Networks and Firewall Infrastructure
- Scripting Skills (Powershell, VB script, C#)
- Knowledge of common Windows Infrastructure (Active Directory/SCCM/GPO)
- General networking (Firewalls, Routing, NAT, OSI Model, packet trace and analysis, etc.)
- Experience in global, large, complex infrastructure
You will get exposure to a host of Enterprise Security tools and solutions such as :
- Windows Security endpoint solutions AntiVirus, Encryption, Data Leakage Controls, Hardening, RBAC etc
- Experience of working with Enterprise Security Products and Frameworks (Symantec, Avecto, NIST, CIS)