Associate Director of Performance & Improvement
- Salary: GBP 67247 per day - GBP 83258.00 per day
- Location: London
- Job type: Contract
- Reference: BBBH137824
My client is an NHS Trust based in North London seeking a Band 8D Interim Associate Director, Performance & Improvement on 6 month FTC. The main aim is the drive performance improvement across all areas and work closely with the Performance Improvement Team and senior management team to ensure:
- Robust planning and forecasting of performance based on a clear understanding of the drivers and barriers.
- Effective holding to account for the delivery of agreed performance levels.
- Lead on embedding a QI approach and mind set across the organisation.
- Lead on building the internal capability and capacity to support effective business analysis, improvement project delivery, and service design and transformation.
- Monitor achievement of KPIs and prospectively highlight areas of potential concern for SBU and/or Trust performance
- Work with key managers and clinicians to ensure that robust plans are in place to monitor delivery of the Trust's strategy - this will include the selection and monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs) and milestones that are linked to objectives and can be used to demonstrate delivery.
- Monitor achievement of KPIs and prospectively highlight areas of potential concern for SBU and/or Trust performance.
Performance Management - National Requirements
- Ensure that the local system for performance reporting, management and improvement is designed in a way that links with national requirements wherever possible.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place in order that the Trust is able to meet performance reporting requirements against all agreed standards and targets as defined by commissioners (e.g. CCGs), regulators (e.g. Monitor, CQC) or other external organisations.
- Use appropriate service improvement techniques to support departments in the identification of opportunities for improvement and the elimination of waste/non-value added steps within current processes.
Other General Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely preparation of management information and reports as necessary.
- Present information/reports to decision making bodies as required and ensure necessary follow up action is taken to enable implementation of decision.
- Participate in project work, taking the lead as necessary.
- Represent the appropriate lead executive director as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post.
- The post holder will be expected to evaluate the effectiveness of the service and ensure it fits with the changing landscape of the Trust and the NHS.
- Participate and lead activities that enhance the Trust's reputation to deliver quality services, e.g. presenting at conferences/submitting articles for publication.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.