Senior Accountant (FP &A)
- Salary: GBP 50000.00 per year - GBP 50000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137039
The Senior Accountant is ultimately responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the general ledgers, balance sheet and corporate reporting of certain of the legal entities within HQ finance.
They must ensure that there is a strong control environment to support the business and regularly review processes, identifying potential improvement opportunities.
The Senior Accountant must also ensure that finances are accurately managed in accordance with company policy and the relevant accounting standards.
- Manage resources and finance intern to complete workload, outsourcing further work where seen fit
- Recruitment of and management training of a Finance Intern - goal setting, coaching, on-the-job training
- Influence key stakeholders at all levels to drive integrity and compliance of key responsibilities.
- Engage and influence cross functional teams on process improvement, compliance, or other projects - requires frequent interaction with all of the Business Unit HQ controllers to present data and influence & manage to ensure that our recharges are accepted in a timely fashion
- Increased communication with Parent Company and frequent presentations to explain and cross-charge model for all of the companies international employees and entity charges
Month-end / Quarter-end Financial reporting
- Responsible for sign off of Corporate balance sheet reconciliations and others as required
- Identify and address the main risks in order to facilitate a clean close
- Escalate any issues or risks to the divisional controllers / FP&A Manager and suggest timely solutions
- Accounting support for more complex transactions
- Support financial planning and analysis function to drive risk mitigation strategies and positively impact the P&L and/or cash flow
- Run through feedback with on a monthly basis
- Identify synergies between the ledgers and potential efficiencies
- Comcast related inquiries - recharges related to Parent Co employees including but not limited to: FMLP, Strategy Team, Rewards, Orlando, other International expansion
- Providing additional JE support and details of invoices related to Parent Co charges and being the international HQ coordinator for the Parent Co
- International liason for tax, HR, global mobility and other business services
- Long-term incentive planning communication to businesses
- Quarterly balance sheet and P&L presentation to VP and Manager of Corporate FP&A.
- Completing statutory audit work and internal audit requirements to ensure deadlines are met and key issues escalated to the relevant stakeholder
Governance, 3rd party & internal strategic partnerships
- Support FinOps' end-to-end P2P and R2R process improvement
- Review FinOps metrics and any mitigation plans
- Quarterly review with divisional teams
- Ad hoc project work as determined by VP and Manager of Corporate FP&A.
- HQ support as businesses expand
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- 0 - 2 years PQE considered
- Experience working with financial accounting systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong influence and communication skills
- Collaborative working style
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic environment
- Willingness to work flexible hours with tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Eligible to work in location
- SAP experience desired, but not essential
- Experience of working with outsourced partners
- Experience working in a large multinational corporation
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.