- Salary: GBP 100000.00 per year - GBP 100000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH138046
The Internal Audit division aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
Work collaboratively with others in Internal Audit to develop strong independent client relationships, to be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the Audit Plan.
- Collaborate and support the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for the bank's UK technology audit, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function
- Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
- Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in audit toolkit.
- Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
- Manage audit teams on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information for Internal Audit reporting.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Director/Managing Director.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Director where necessary.
- Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
- Develop a wide network of contacts across Audit and the business to identify and work towards strategic goals.
- Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
- Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of Internal Audit.
- Celebrate the success of self and others and take pride in achievements.
- Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments and support Directors in their assessment of Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs)
- Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to AVPs during audit assignments.
- Contribute to the attraction of the best people through their role in the recruitment process.
- Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with colleagues.
- Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Take into account reputation of the Bank at all times, through positive interactions and following policy and process.
- Sets an example and supports fair and ethical behaviour in all colleagues.
- Make sure colleagues are equipped to be able to protect our reputation at all times.
- Challenge others where appropriate, if you believe self to be correct.
- Makes decisions on a broad range of factors, with Bank's values at heart.
- Experience in risk based Technology auditing in one or more of the following areas: technology and information risk, applications, security, resilience, data management, IT operations, and/or infrastructure.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CISA, for audit roles; technical qualification for specialist risk team roles; and graduate degree for all)
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment
- Experience of managing audits/driving initiatives in a relevant field
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles to include senior client management
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services.
- Experience of leading others during audit assignments