Legal Privacy OfficerCompliance
- Salary: GBP 60000.00 per year - GBP 90000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH139986
The role will be responsible for assisting, managing and implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will be required to interact with senior internal stakeholders across various divisions and orchestrate and run systems and processes to manage personal data. Collaborating with other departments will be key i.e. engineering team with data crawling and mapping, marketing to work out system to manage mailing lists.
- Work closely with internal and external advisors to ensure strong understanding of the company's data protection requirements
- Ensuring systems and procedures are formed to help the organisation meet legal and customer requirements, including up to date cloud-based privacy solutions.
- Provide assistance in GoCardless' data protection policies being implemented as the organisation progresses into new areas.
- Management of response to data subject access, law enforcement and dad deletion requests.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge
- Legal background beneficial but not required
- Keen interest and some knowledge in data and privacy
- Interest in joining a dynamic, fast paced Fintech company
- Avid technology user, with particular interest in technical processes.
- Have experience in successfully operationalising processes, taking in to account multiple views
- Regulatory implementation project knowledge
- Have previously worked with a legal or data role would be ideal.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills for meeting tight deadlines and assimilating complex legal and regulatory material
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deal with demanding client base and working proactively and independently.