Technical Accounting ManagerFinance
- Salary: GBP 80000 per year - GBP 90000 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH140508
Manager - Accounting Policy
- The team this role sits within is responsible for defining the Client's Group Accounting Policies and Standards, and provides high quality technical accounting support to the client's Functions and Business teams.
- Expected to Formulate and endorse Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies;
- Review the accounting opinions on complex transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies;
- Provide guidance and technical support to the functions and business teams, including the risk management functions;
- Offer technical support on the implementation of new accounting standards to the wider group
· Writing public responses to new standards, exposure drafts and discussion papers, and
prepare the Group's response to future accounting developments,
· Identifying changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal disclosure requirements which will may cause a knock-on effect on the Group's external financial reporting.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA or equivalent;
- Excellent academic achievements;
- Understanding the operation, risk and accounting of banking and investment products (if not held at start of employment, rapid accumulation of this knowledge is required).
- Knowledge and experience of applying IFRS accounting standards in practical business situations;
- Professional approach and presentation;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Team player with positive service attitude