Accounting Policy ManagerFinance
- Salary: GBP 80000.00 per year - GBP 100000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH140485
Impact on Business
- Formulate and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies;
- Review the accounting opinions on complex transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies;
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Group Functions and Global Business teams, including the risk management functions;
- Provide technical support on the implementation of new accounting standards to Finance and Business teams;
- Research the Group's response to future accounting developments, writing public responses to new standards, exposure drafts and discussion papers; and
- Identifying changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal disclosure requirements that will have an impact on the Group's external financial reporting.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Team members are expected to work across the full range of activities and are expected to be able to research problems and produce technical solutions with varying degrees of supervision depending on the grade/experience of the FAM.
- This is an opportunity to work in a highly visible and responsible team within the organisation. GAP is also an excellent training ground for a finance career and offers a comprehensive introduction to finance in the global financial services industry, with exposure to all major areas of the industry, from retail financial services, insurance and consumer finance to derivatives and global markets.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA or equivalent;
- Excellent academic achievements;
- Understanding the operation, risk and accounting of banking and investment products (if not held at start of employment, rapid accumulation of this knowledge is required).
- Knowledge and experience of applying IFRS accounting standards in practical business situations;
- Professional approach and presentation;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Team player with positive service attitude; and
- Enthusiastic to learn about technical accounting.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.