- Salary: GBP 75000.00 per year - GBP 75000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH138461
Our client, a leading commodities business now require a Finance Manager to join them. The role is to support the Energy and Base Metals Business, the FD and management in daily accounting, treasury, regulatory and reporting requirements.
Take responsibility for all areas of Finance and Treasury
* Proven managerial experience, must be able to lead and develop team members
* Fully qualified accountant with previous finance experience at a senior level within a Commodities House or Financial Services firm
* Ability to work discreetly and able to maintain confidentiality
* Strong organisational skills and able to work to strict deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate both internally and externally with key stakeholders.
* Detailed knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS reporting standards
* Knowledge of Tax - local, international, VAT, FATCA.
* Project Management experience with a focus on process improvement
* Strong derivative product knowledge
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the company, handling all accounting, treasury and taxation related queries
* Manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts for submission and discussion
* Manage the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual group reporting requirements
* Lead the monthly finance meeting
* Maintain and enhance the controls environment within the finance and treasury area, including ongoing development of accounting policies and procedures.
* Provide advice and technical expertise regarding the correct implementation of FRS102 & IFRS reporting standards ensuring careful consideration is given to all changes which will impact the company
* Review the financials ensuring a timely and consistent approach to consolidations and reporting
* Provide accounting and technical expertise to ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are met
* Lead and manage the annual and quarterly external audits
* Responsibility for managing the preparation and review of the FCA reports on a quarterly basis
* Manage the daily financial resources reporting
* Monitor the capital requirements of the business and make suggestions for subordinated loans
* Monitor changes to the regulatory capital requirements and ensure that any changes are appropriately implemented
* Manage our relationship with the banks
* Manage and monitor the treasury function ensuring that at all times the company is meeting its funding requirements
* Responsible for ensuring thatthecompany continues to meet its global tax compliance requirements
* Manage the calculation of the transfer pricing and VAT
* Manage the relationship with the auditors and tax advisors
* Manage the drafting of the financial sections of annual and interim reports and other public reports
* Involvement in ad hoc projects e.g. ensuring adherence to statutory and regulatory obligations.
Perform ongoing testing of the companies' controls to ensure compliance with J-SOX
* Lead, motivate and support members of the finance team to ensure they perform their delegated tasks in an accurate, timely and professional manner that is in accordance with current best practice and finance protocols.