FX Product Controller (Global Bank)Finance
- Salary: GBP 50000.00 per year - GBP 55000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH138175
FX Product Controller
Finance / Product Control
The Finance / Product Control division is responsible for the P&L reporting and all product-related control functions including new product reviews. The core responsibilities of the team are the reporting of daily P&L and reconciliation of P&L and Inventory to the General Ledger, as well as ensuring our books and records are reported in accordance with appropriate accounting standards and firm wide policies.
Foreign Exchange Product Control
Foreign Exchange Product Control performs many functions in the validation of the revenue components of the Income Statement and of the inventory components of the balance sheet.
- Daily/weekly/monthly profit and loss reporting and balance sheet substantiation
- System reconciliation ensuring accounting sub-ledger agrees to front office systems
- P&L attribution using both risk and revaluation based approaches
- Weekly high level P&L commentary, including explaining P&L variances to budget
- Review new trading activity including structured trade reviews
- Agreeing formal P&L figures and P&L attribution with trading desk
- Fair value adjustment reporting
- Other controls/activities including trader mandate monitoring, approximate booking reporting, new product and model signoff, FX exposure management, loss threshold monitoring.
- Daily ad hoc support, acting as a support to front office and infrastructure partners with any ad hoc issues encountered, plus any cross department initiatives
- Financial accounting. Working closely with Financial Control to ensure that the general ledger and financial statements accurately reflect the financial position of the business.
- Project based work including but not limited to
- Supporting business expansion (both geographical expansion and new product offerings)
- Supporting strategic infrastructure developments (specifying system requirements, involvement in testing of system migrations, etc)
- Tactical process enhancements to make recurring tasks more efficient, accurate and value add
- Development of new processes to further enhance the control environment.
Overall purpose of role
Key specific accountabilities.
- Provide London point of contact for Foreign Exchange Product Control for Front Office, Operations, Technology, Market Risk, Finance management colleagues. Daily P&L production and FOBO reconciliation work has been offshored to the Singapore team, but many stakeholders remain in London so London Product Control presence is vital.
- Assist with daily and monthly reporting cycle for the GFX business, including P&L production, commentary and analysis; balance sheet reporting and analysis, other controls such as trader mandate monitoring, FOBO reconciliations, Approximate Booking reporting
- Assist with project work to improve efficiency and control of the Product Control processes
- Support reporting activities such as IFRS 13 reporting, mark to model and Basel 3 reporting.
- Review of management information produced by the Product Control team, and review Key Reporting Indicators to ensure that controls are being run effectively and P&L/balance sheet reporting is accurate.
Decision making and problem solving.
- Aiding in the execution and delivery of an efficient and controlled processing environment including setting and shaping key control points, process reviews and inquiries to Product Control.
- Ability to resolve problems and issues arising from the P&L production process, ensuring that processes are continuously improved and the control environment is maintained.
- Taking the initiative proactively to add enhancements and additional controls to existing and new processes
- Naturally inquisitive and looks to understand the different processes; challenges the status quo.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Numerical degree (2.1 or above) or equivalent
- Experience working with MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Interest in banking and financial markets
- Inquisitive and challenging attitude, hunger to learn and challenge the status quo
- Understanding option pricing/greeks
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams in Singapore and Chennai particularly
- Highly enthusiastic self starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Highly diligent with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical problem solver
- Strong team player
- Qualified Accountant