Hedge Fund Accountant - Global BankFinance
Job Title Accountant - Contractor
Duration 6 months
Reporting To Head of Finance
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Complete the daily balance sheet and P&L reconciliation activities and monitor key account lines to ensure they are fully substantiated.
- Help maintain and also where appropriate enhance the quality and professionalism of the finance function in London as necessary and improve understanding of finance and accounting issues by other division heads and staff in London.
- Complete financial data and reports for business management in the form and at the frequency required by the management committees, the Board and the Head Office. Provide management information of a financial nature, and its interpretation for effective business decision making in the London business to maximize return on business
- Work with other functions and with other Finance personnel to ensure that the deliverable per the month-end financial calendar are completed without delay and the monthly financial statements of all London based entities are prepared timely, accurately and in accordance with internal guidelines, statutory requirements and accounting standards.
- Assist in the documentation of the policy and procedure manuals of the bank in finance and accounting areas.
- Record and monitor the accruals, prepayments, fixed asset reconciliations and operating expenses and the capital expenditure programme to ensure adherence to Bank policy and budget limits.
- In conjunction with other senior members of the Finance function, ensure that adequate accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained
- Co-ordinate with the external auditors and provide the required detailed financial information for the statutory and regulatory financial statements of the bank.
- Other ad hoc projects assigned by CEO , CFO or Head Of Finance
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline
- Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields with line management experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- Highly competent in producing written reports.
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting standards and theory, and financial management principles and techniques, including planning, forecasting and budgeting, and the ability to apply them effectively in banking environment
- Knowledge of UK taxation and regulatory requirements - The Capital Requirements Regulations and the Capital Requirements Directive
- Proficiency for making financial evaluations and judgments and an ability to present recommendations, both oral and written
- Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel
- Written and Oral communication in Mandarin will be highly advantageous.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.