Product Controller - TreasuryFinance
- Salary: GBP 60000.00 per year - GBP 70000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH140263
Our client's Product Control department is responsible for product control reporting within the EMEA region. The team is made up of eight Product Controllers, each reporting on specific business lines. This role will cover the daily and monthly Product Control duties for our client's treasury function.
- Produce daily P&L and currency exposure reports for subsystem based portfolios.
- Complete analysis of daily P&L and provide daily financial commentary.
- Ensure accuracy of multiple legal entities' booking and accounting to ensure integrity for reporting requirements.
- Maintain documentary control processes to provide assurance that all policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Participate in the month end closing process, including reconciliation of daily P&Ls back to the GL and posting of journal entries to ensure consistency with US GAAP / IFRS.
- Ensure daily P&L and general ledger is consistent with corporate accounting policy.
- Produce monthly financial reports, including P&L and balance sheet.
- Analyse monthly financial results to support reported figures, including yield, margin and trading results.
- Conduct monthly balance sheet substantiation as well as regular price/valuation reviews consistent with corporate policy.
- Assist the Head of EMEA product Control and other team members on ad hoc tasks and projects as required
- Ad hoc cover and support for the daily P&L production for other lines of businesses.
- Drive P&L production re-engineering and controls enhancements.
- Liaison with desk, middle office, and back office to resolve trade and P&L exceptions
- Qualified accountant / Qualified by experience
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Significant financial services experience
- Experience of treasury and currency reporting would be advantageous
- Knowledge of money market, FX, and derivative products
- Results focused, organised and efficient
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft office, particularly Excel and Access