SOx Senior AuditorFinance
- Salary: GBP 50000.00 per year - GBP 54000.00 per year
- Location: London
- Job type: Permanent
- Reference: BBBH137574
SOx Senior Auditor (London, UK)
Operations and Tech Services
SOx Senior Auditor
Our client is currently recruiting a SOx Senior Auditor to join their team in London. The SOx Senior Auditor will be primarily responsible for participating in the annual SOx programme to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application. The SOx Senior Auditor is also responsible for conducting quarterly meetings with FP&A Leads and UK Controllership to gain understanding on control and other financial issues. Finally, the SOx Senior Auditor will assist the control owners to resolve control deficiencies.
About our client
Headquartered in London, our client is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions.
About the Role
As a SOx Senior Auditor some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Participate in the annual SOx programme audit, evaluating the adequacy of financial reporting controls. Included in this responsibility are:
- Completing SOx test procedures
- Communicating test findings noted to the Financial Controls Manager and the EMEA SOx Coordinator.
- Assisting the Financial Controls Manager and EMEA SOx Coordinator in the development of the scope, approach to the current year's SOx program and discuss results to the Global SOx team.
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to both finance and business unit management tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding SOx internal controls compliance and impact of the SOx deficiencies if remained opened;
- Conduct quarterly meetings with FP&A Leads and UK Controllership to gain understanding on issues that should be disclosed in the SOx 302 questionnaire. Submission of the SOx 302 to the FINCOMP EMEA team on timely manner.
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
- Assist in the evaluation of the overall in-country SOx maturity and work with Global SOx team on how best to achieve best practice.
- Responsible for working in accordance with Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the client's policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a SOx Senior Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Professional designations/certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, etc, are preferred.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- The key skills required for this position are:
- Technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company.
- A basic knowledge and understanding of auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to focus on details and perform all required functions timely and with accuracy.
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.